Water Science and Technology publishes peer-reviewed papers on all aspects of the science and technology of water pollution control and water quality management worldwide. This encompasses five broad areas:
- Wastewater treatment and transportation processes for stormwater and domestic, industrial and municipal effluents.
- Sources of pollution including hazardous wastes and source control.
- Effects and impacts of pollution on rivers, lakes, groundwater and marine waters.
- Water reuse and aquatic environmental restoration.
- Policy, strategy, control and management aspects of water quality.
Water Science and Technology – together with its adjunct journals Water Science and Technology: Water Supply and Water Practice and Technology - has a special mission to serve as a bridge between science, engineering applications and management aspects of water as represented by the many IWA Specialist Groups. Papers describing progress in full-scale implementations are particularly encouraged. WST aims at fast publication for new findings and research directions.